Idea about a $DAG wiki

Following the HIP process I would like to present to the community an idea.

While writing the unofficial tokenomics I realised there are several terms which are not defined, everybody thinks what it is, but people just have their own understanding as there is no public common definition.

It is also nice to have the articles in medium, but the information it is only valid at the moment of the publication. If someone Googles for an information he/she is interested in, google may present first an old article giving an outdated information to the reader.

My idea is to create an official wiki maintained both by the community and constellation network. If someone doesn’t know what is a state channel can go to the wiki and check, if someone doesn’t know what is the power consumption of a DTM can go to the wiki and check, if someone doesn’t know what is the current rewards distributed for DTM can go to the wiki and check the updated info.

This will help the community to enlarge their knowledge and ti have a common understanding, the newcomers to understand better the environment, the community to support newcomers (instead of answering the same questions hundreds of times).

This would be an official wiki, therefore even if the community is providing definitions, updating the content, etc. Constellation will need to validate it, and provide some content as well.

What do you think?

6 Likes

I think it’s a great idea. Lots of work involved, but we’re a pretty large community so we can sure hack it up in bite-able chunks.

1 Like

Great idea. I think we can probably use the documentation hub for this? As it’s already opensource and gatekept by the team (so you can add/edit pages and do a pull request for review and acceptance by team):

Talking about this site: https://docs.constellationnetwork.io/
Github: GitHub - Constellation-Labs/documentation-hub: The official Constellation Network developer docs

1 Like

You mean like add the wiki to the docs website?

1 Like

I like the idea and I think the “doc” Constellation domain is good :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for your support!!!

I will try to get an sponsor

2 Likes

@MateoGold even if I admit the feedback I got was not that much, all of the feedback was very positive.

I think you (@MateoGold) are the sponsor who best fits for supporting this proposal, would you be willing to sponsor this proposal of creating a $DAG/HGTP Wiki potentially in the Constellation Docs Hub?

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea. It is one of the things we have been trying to build with the FAQ section on dagchads.com, but it would be greatly enhanced if there is a single go-to platform that is validated by the team.

2 Likes

thanks for the support @grillmasterZac

@MateoGold we are getting more community support for this proposal. It would be also an opportunity to run through the full process as a pilot.

1 Like

Great idea! It will greatly assist those new to Constellation in finding the most up to date info

I like the idea of a DAG wiki. This could be either done independently or rolled as an informational HIP through governance with a workgroup behind it.
It would indeed be a good first testrun for the process. I recommend fleshing out the proposal as much as possible…then lets discuss it and one of the sponsors (or myself) can move it forward in the process chain…

Develop the proposal for the wiki, I will help you. Then we follow the governance process and we will see if your criticism is legit or just groundless.

1 Like

Then what are you doing here? If you don’t believe on this then leave and don’t waste the time of the others

please pass along once you have an outline for the proposal

Here it is in markdown using the template included
in HIP-1.

Happy to get feedback from the community. Please all feel free to provide your inputs as well.

1 Like
title description author discussions-to status type category created requires
$DAG Wiki Creation of a wiki which defines and explain all the HGTP terms, concepts and details Serg HIP-1 HGTP Governance - #10 by Serg Draft Informational N/A 2023-02-16 N/A

Abstract

This proposal aims to create a wiki for HGTP and its ecosystem. This wiki will define all the terms and concepts related to HGTP and $DAG. It will also include relevant information about current network configuration (ie. rewards distribution, snapshots size, etc.).

Motivation

Currently there is a lot of information spread across several documents, webpages, tweets, telegram groups, medium articles… so it is difficult to find some specific information and to have a complete overview of HGTP scope and details.

Specification

• The wiki may be implemented in the Constellation doc hub.
  • The wiki shall be maintained by both community and Constellation Network. Community can create wiki articles or propose modifications to existing articles but Constellation Network must review and approve all the community inputs before they are publicly published in order to ensure accuracy of the information. It means community members may have and editor role but Constellation Network must approve on its validator role and it cannot be delegated.
  • Constellation Network must also create new entries and/or complemented community proposals.
  • The wiki must have definitions to all the terms, using layman language when possible, to ensure that any person speaking about the HGTP ecosystem has the same understanding on the topics when they are discussed in any channel.
  • The wiki must include network configuration so it will not be needed to be checked in the code existing in GitHub. This includes token minting information, snapshots information, PRO score criteria, etc.
  • The community members who feed the wiki may be rewarded.
  • Community inputs by Constellation Network should not take longer than 1 week.
  • The wiki must include a search functionality and alphabetical sorting.
  • Community must be able to request to include new terms or explanations which may be implemented either by other community members or directly by Constellation Network.
  • There may be state channels representatives who must only validate entries specifically related to a concrete state channel.

The key words “MUST”, “MUST NOT”, “REQUIRED”, “SHALL”, “SHALL NOT”, “SHOULD”, “SHOULD NOT”, “RECOMMENDED”, “NOT RECOMMENDED”, “MAY”, and “OPTIONAL” in this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 and RFC 8174.

Rationale

Constellation Network shall be the last responsible of the content of the wiki in order to ensure accuracy of the information. Community shall collaborate and request information which can be considered relevant. Constellation Network shall provide information which is difficult to get/explain by any community member.

Backwards Compatibility

No backward compatibility issues found.

Test Cases

N/A

Reference Implementation

N/A

Security Considerations

A role based access rights shall exist to ensure only Constellation Network can validated and publish information to mitigate the risk of a malicious actor can use the wiki for misinformation or to harm HGTP and its ecosystem.

Copyright

Copyright and related rights Serg 2023.

nice! Who would be setting up the Wiki?

The idea was to directly use docsaurus directly, however I dont know if it is possible. If not a wiki will need to be deployed by… who? well, if we use the same server than constellation doc hub, then I guess only Constellation Network has the rights to do it. If we use a different server the idea will need to find how to fund the server, so maybe stardust might need to be involved.

1 Like

I love this idea… it’s great for all of us. It’s akin to our own wolfram alpha.

Sorry I’m late to the party. I forgot I had access and an account already :laughing:. But I wanted to comment on your absolutely fantastic idea / proposal Serg. We really could do with this. Totally would love to see a Dag Wiki